Air Force Protocol
from 'Til Wheels are Up'
|Duties of the Arrangements Officer include: |
- After the facility has been reserved, establish the correct table and seating arrangement and arrange the necessary name and organization cards. The Arrangements Officer should consider seating by organization, or by grade.
- Make sure that flags and any awards are in place before the opening of the lounge, unless posting of the colors is part of the planned ceremony.
- Arrange for a suitable public address system. Usually this can furnished by the club.
- A lighted lectern with microphone should be provided for the convenience of the guest speaker and chaplain.
- Place dinner chimes at Mister or Madam Vice's location.
- Make sure that all awards to be presented are on hand.
- Arrange for a photographer if photographs are desired. Usually this function can be delegated to the public affairs office.
- Publish a detailed agenda and prepare a recommended guest list. Distribution and content should be determined by the president.
- Brief the senior Allied military member scheduled to attend on the proper toast to be made to the President of the United States.
- Reproduce biographical sketches of guests as required.
- Ensure a hat/cloak checker is available.
- After the dining-in prepare letters of appreciation to the guest of honor and others who rendered service for the President's signature.